How I wasted no time to get to Hilera's "Sayang Panahon" shoot...



I remember being on a van with Moonstar88, on our way to a gig in Cabanatuan when Badet (Hilera's Road Manager) called me said, "Rox, kailangan ka namin dito."

At that time, Hilera was at Las Casas Filipinas De Acuzar, Bataan for "Mabuhay Gardens A Tribute to the Mab", a punk gig in celebration of  Bruce Conner: Out of Body.

Upon arriving in Maysh's house from Cabanatuan at 3:30am, we found ourselves raiding her (and Kuya Led's) closet to find clothes to wear for my unexpected overnight trip to Bataan. My ride to Las Casas arrived at 4:00am. Jumped from one van to another. Ahhh tour life. I love it. I asked the driver if we can stop at the nearest 7-11 so I can shop for the rest of my supplies. From toothbrush to tsinelas. Haha!




The venue was picturesque! I can see why Hilera would need someone to document their stay. No one should miss the opportunity take pictures on a place as beautiful as that. Their new single is called "Sayang Panahon" and it seemed fit to shoot the video and single art for it in a place that transports you back in time.












Since we are doing the photo and music video shoot in the afternoon, we spent the whole morning roaming around the area. Direk Juno Oebanda even took us inside Hotel De Oriente. Hotel De Oriente is the Philippines' first luxury hotel. Originally located at Binondo,  it was recently transported and rebuilt inside Las Casas. I almost suffered a stiff neck from admiring the place from floor to ceiling. It was overwhelming! Thanks, Direk!




Direk Juno in front of Hotel De Oriente's replica of Juan Luna's "Spolarium".


Thank you, Hilera, for including me in this project. More photos from our whirlwind photo shoot below:











Joining them for this gig is Sandwich. See the photos from the said show in this link.

They also launched the video for "Sayang Panahon" last June 20, 2018 at 70's Bistro. I have a couple of photos from that night here.







♡ Roxy

Comments

Popular Posts